It’s hard to believe that next month the Enka Triathlon At Biltmore Lake will be celebrating 10 years. As one of the premier races in the Asheville area, a racer gets the complete experience of what the Western North Carolina region has to offer. Taking place in the beautiful Biltmore Lake neighborhood, located just 15 minutes from Downtown Asheville, the course is the perfect blend of residential and rural. Being close to the popular hubs of West Asheville, the River Arts District and Downtown Asheville it’s also a great race for an out-of-towner to have a weekend adventure, exploring all of what the Asheville area has to offer.
As we approach the 10-year anniversary we thought it would be fun to put together a list of reasons why you should have the Enka Triathlon At Biltmore Lake on your calendar this year!
- First triathlon of the season in Western North Carolina and a great race to start your summer season!
- Only lake swim in Asheville for a Triathlon. Did we mention the lake is absolutely beautiful?
- It offers some challenges during the ride, but these are easy to overlook because the course also offers some pretty amazing views.
- The race is part of the North Carolina Triathlon Series – the only NCTS triathlon in Asheville
- There is always a great post race meal that is catered and the race itself is super spectator friendly on all legs
- 2017 marks the first year we will offer the Aquabike race for those who want to skip the run.
One last notable piece of history for the Enka Triathlon at Biltmore Lake. Over the course of nine years four athletes have won the race multiple times; Kevin Lisska in 2008 and 2010, Jay Curwen in 2009 and 2015, Carrie Andrews in 2014 and 2016, and then Dwayne Dixon in 2011, 2012, and 2013. It will be interesting to see if one of them adds another win this year.
Come help us celebrate 10 years of the Enka Triathlon at Biltmore Lake this on June 17th!