Thank you to everyone who came out for a spectacular fall day at Mountain Air. It was so good to race again. Results are below.
April Special (April 1-30) – $20
Early Registration (May 1-June 30) – $25
Regular Registration (July 1-September 30) – $30
Late Registration (October 1-Race Day) – $35
Registration Protection Insurance Program
Through our registration platform, IMAthlete, we are offering this insurance from Allianz Global Assistance. Those purchasing this insurance during online registration are eligible to be reimbursed for the cost of your registration fee should you become injured or another event procludes you from racing. Click HERE for more information about this program.
It does not cover COVID-19, including registration fees lost due to races being postponed or cancelled because of the pandemic.
Should you not purchase the insurance at the time of registration, you have 14 days to go back and purchase it should you decide at a later time you want it.
Saturday, October 17 – 3:00-4:30 PM – Main Gate Area
Race Day Schedule – October 17
3:00-4:30 PM – Packet Pickup
4:00 PM – 5K Start 1
4:45 PM – Start 1 shuttles to the parking area begin
5:00 PM – 5K Start 2
6:00 PM – Shuttles to the parking area begin
This 5K is not for the faint of heart or spirit. The course is 1800’ of unrelenting climbing on paved roads from start to finish. The payoff is at the finish with unrivaled views of mountains and forests in the heart of the fall color season.
Click HERE to see a video of the 2019 race.
Male: Nikolas Silva – 26:42 (2019) Female: Anne Wheatley – 28:48 (2018)
In order to comply with North Carolina Phase 3 guidelines, we will have two start times of 50 runners each: 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM. You may choose your start time during the registration process.
Each runner will receive a special, long-sleeve race shirt to mark the occasion and a finisher patch at the top.
In order to provide a racing opportunity for as many people as possible, spectators or guests will not be permitted at this time.
COVID-19 MITIGATION GUIDELINES
- No on-site registration – all runners must enter register online by Thursday, October 15 at 9:00 PM
- No spectators allowed under North Carolina Phase 3
- If you are feeling any COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and contact your physician.
- Face coverings must be worn from the time you leave the parking area until you start the race.
- Face coverings must be worn once you finish the race through post-race activities. You may remove them to eat and drink or on a cool-down run.
- Face coverings must be worn whenever on an event provided shuttle
- We will continue our bag check service. You will be asked to place your bag in one of our clear plastic bags, which will be tied by one of our staff and moved to the vehicle for the trip up the mountain. You may retrieve your bag at the finish area after the race.
- There will not be an aid station on the course this year. Please plan on being self-sufficient.
- After you finish the race, your finishers patch will be laid out on a table for you to retrieve along with bottled water. Cold cans of beer will be on a separate table.
- Shuttles will be operating at 20% capacity (3 people per trip) so plan on some wait time to catch the shuttle down the mountain. We are allowing those in the 4:00 PM start group to place a car at the top (between 3 and 3:30 PM). Those in the 5:00 PM start group will need to ride the shuttle back to the bottom.
- Results will only be posted online. We will provide a link for live results with your race week information and will have a QR code posted near the timing tent.
- Awards will be announced via social media after the event is completed – not on site. Winners will be notified by email on how they can receive their awards.
Upon reaching the finish line at Mountain Air’s private airstrip, you will pick up your finisher patch and get a bottle of water and a cold beer if you desire. There will also be a catered meal. Except when eating or drinking, we ask everyone wear a face covering once they cross the finish line.
There is plenty of space to spread out and enjoy your food and drink but we ask that all of those in the 4:00 PM start time be clear of the area by 5:30 PM in order to provide room for the 5:00 starters.
There will not be a live awards ceremony this year. The results will be posted online that evening and all winners will be contacted with directions on how to retrieve their awards.
We will not have an awards ceremony this year. We are awarding prizes to the top 10 male and female finishers and will notify them via email on how they can receive their awards.
This will be a bib-timed race with your time recorded when you cross the finish line. Please have your race bib visible at the finish.
Male: Nikolas Silva – 26:42 (2019) // Female: Anne Wheatley – 28:48 (2018)
Well behaved, leashed dogs are welcome to participate.
Parking will be located just before the Mountain Air offices on your right and just past that building on the left just before the main gate.
For those in the 4:00 PM start group, you may take a car to the top between 3:00 and 3:30 PM so you don’t have to ride a shuttle to come down. Those in the 5:00 PM start group will need to ride a shuttle back to the start area.
Directions From Asheville
I-26 N to Burnsville exit 10 E.
Take 19E for 13 miles to first stoplight at Phipps Creek Rd. Make right and go 2 miles to entrance on left.
30 minute drive from downtown Asheville
The Ascent on Mountain Air 5K taking has a NO REFUND policy. However, we do offer partial discounts for those canceling during our cancellation periods.
If the event is NOT sold out, a discount code for 50% of your race registration fee will be offered until 7 days days prior to the race date. No discounts codes will be given within 7 days days before the event, if the event is not sold out.
If the event IS sold out, a discount code for 100% of your race registration fee will be offered until 5 days days prior to the race date. No discounts codes will be given within 5 days days before the event, if the event is sold out.
Partial discount codes are only available for cancellations of completed registrations. A registration is considered incomplete if payment was mailed in and has not yet been received. Discount codes can be used to register for the 2021 race and will be valid for 12 months after the event date.
This policy only applies to the Ascent at Mountain Air 5K. Discount codes from the previous year may not be used for any other events owned or managed by Glory Hound Events or its partnerships.